Omar Todd, Cyber Technical Director and Communications Officer Sea Shepherd Conservation Society was kind enough to share about Sea Shepherd’s work.
1. Why did Sea Shepherd begin? Who are the founders?
Ah this can be best answered from the website itself has it all there in great detail.
2. What project Sea Shepherd has been involved in has been your favorite?
The campaign “Operation No Compromise” because we stopped the whaling in it’s tracks in the Southern Oceans.
3. Where can we find more information about Sea Shepherd? How can we get involved?
The website of course!
4. What’s coming up next for Sea Shepherd?
Currently we have many other campaigns and things to do. Sadly our planet has more causes than we have resources, but we are currently looking to head to Europe to stop illegal Blue Fin Tuna Fishing. Our website again has so much information in this regards.
5. How has veganism affected your personal and professional life?
Oddly enough not everyone in Sea Shepherd is vegan, and some are more militant than others. Many of us believe in a more “balanced” view of life and the fact biodiversity is the key to life. However the ships are strictly vegan and the chefs are masters of making wonderful foods which to any meat eater is quite a surprisingly good supplement. Many have turned to the vegetarian and vegan life styles after serving on board as a crew member. We don’t lecture people, but we encourage this way of life. I for one feel much less guilt and more healthy following this life style since being a red neck meat eater before I discovered Sea Shepherd!
6. What is your favorite vegan restaurant? Favorite dish?
So may wonderful dishes but I must admit I have a love for vegetable Soup.