Category Archives: COMMUNITY

• Review: Ronald’s Donuts

Posted on March 7, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

A common misconception about the vegan diet is vegans just can eat tofu everyday and are deprived of delicious foods. The major difference of vegan dessert is they do not contain eggs, milk, or any other animal byproducts. Vegans love their sweets too! A great local spot to get your vegan sweets fix is located […]

No Comments. Continue Reading...
  • vegan pancakes

Vegan pancake time!

Posted on March 2, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

Think you have to go without pancakes because you are vegan? Hell no! Vegans enjoy super yummy pancakes like the best of them just without the cruelty {I swear that makes the pancakes taste better}. Our wonderful friend Kat of Kat’s Hot Cakes is here to show you a fun step-by-step guide to make cornmeal-flax […]

• Berkeley Vegan Earth Day is coming up!

Posted on February 21, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

I am SUPER excited to be a part of this years Berkeley Vegan Earth Day! This is the second annual event and is hosted by the lovely Karine of Karine Brighten Events. The event will feature John McDougall MD, Michael Klaper MD, Eco Chef Bryan Au, screenings of Vegucated, The Cove and many more super cool speakers including […]

• Review: Chia Goodness

Posted on February 19, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

These products were great to try and are actually pretty nice because you can eat them hot or cold, there is no cooking required and they are quick and easy to make. You can have Chia Goodness for breakfast or snack or whenever you want a healthy meal. You can also add this to yogurts […]

4 Comments. Continue Reading...
  • Las Vegas gets Plant-Strong!

Posted on February 6, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

Last Monday evening, Rip Esselstyn gave a free lecture at Whole Foods Las Vegas Blvd. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how many locals would come to an event to learn about eating a plant-based diet. To my surprise by 6:45pm it was standing room only. The room was filled with people from all […]

• Zappo’s Delivering Happiness Experience

Posted on January 30, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

Last Thursday I attended Zappo’s “Delivering Happiness” event which highlighted a non-profit I work closely with called Tonopah Community Garden. The night also featured three other speakers who talked about what made them happy and how they found happiness. It was an interesting experience. At first I felt uncomfortable because the format of the […]

3 Comments. Continue Reading...
  • Americans are eating less meat

Posted on January 12, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

According to a recent New York Times article written by Mark Bittman “Americans eat more meat than any other population in the world; about one-sixth of the total, though we’re less than one-twentieth of the population”. However, these facts are changing. The department of agriculture predicts Americans’s will cut down their our meat and poultry consumption 12.2% less in […]

• Review: The Compassionate Diet

Posted on January 7, 2012 by in COMMUNITY

Let me start out by saying that I read this book in one day. The entire book is only 160 pages! That is a book anyone is able to read whether or not they are super busy. This book is very straightforward and lays out the cold hard facts about being vegan. The authors explain […]

• Untitled

“Shit Vegans Say” goes viral

Posted on December 30, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

I think it’s so crazy cool amazing that only since Christmas night {5 days ago} “Shit Vegans Say” has over 100,000 hits! The moral of this story is vegans have a sense of humor and enjoy a good laugh. I showed my family and they even got a kick out of it because they have heard […]

• happy-holidays

Holiday Give-Away Winners!

Posted on December 23, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

To give your holidays an extra vegan boost, the winners of our 1st ever holiday give a-way will receive an email today! It was amazing to read every one’s reasons for living vegan, very inspiring. Just wanted to say thank you again for all the business owners who generously donated gifts and to everyone who […]

• Christmas miracle for mom and baby

Posted on December 20, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

Love heart warming stories with happy endings? If so, you’ll love this one! Farm Sanctuary in Watkins Glen, New York received a call from a woman whose relative own a slaughterhouse. Her family purchased  “spent” dairy goats at a stockyard and were ready for slaughter the goats. To every one’s amazement, one of the goats gave […]

• “…jumped off the carnivore ship with both feet”

Posted on December 19, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

I left my corporate life behind me in the middle of 2010 to chase my dreams, capture them and tame them in to reality.  Little did I know at the time where that would take me!  The prior ten plus years of my life were spent in corporate mentoring and management roles which comes […]

3 Comments. Continue Reading...
  • fireworks

Great finds of 2011!

Posted on December 18, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

In February, 2011 Vegan Consultant launched and I set out to learn as much about the vegan movement as possible. I found a number of blogs, non-profits, businesses and films that do outstanding work that support vegans. I always love to  share great finds. Here are my great finds of 2011, hope you enjoy them as much as I […]

• The vegan market is growing

Posted on December 16, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

The vegan market is consistently growing. The Vegetarian Resource Group conducted a poll with Harris Interactive and found one third of Americans eat vegetarian a significant amount of the time and about 7.5 million people in the United States are vegan. According to United States Department of Agriculture the number of chickens raised and killed […]

2 Comments. Continue Reading...
  • Serving your community feels good

Posted on December 14, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

In September, my friend Maggie Lyons and I decided to join forces to adopt a garden plot at our local community garden. Our intention was to spread positivity through local organic vegetables. Both our businesses sponsored the garden plot for one year. Special thank you to Natural Awakenings Las Vegas, THC Records and Animal Rights Stuff for helping […]

• Enter our Holiday give a-way!

Posted on December 5, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

Happy Holiday! We have been sharing speak peeks about our holiday give a-way and now it’s time to share more. We have a great collection of gifts every vegan would love. Thanks to the wonderful community of vegan business owners who donated gifts. MORE prizes to come! Gift Bag 1: Compassion Couture $50 Gift Card The […]

22 Comments. Continue Reading...
  • Review: The Jazzy Vegetarian

Posted on December 2, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

I received the Jazzy Vegetarian cookbook and immediately flipped through the pages looking for a recipe to try. All of the recipes looked so good it was hard to choose, but I went for the Jazzy Black Bean Chili because I absolutely love a good, wholesome, hearty, filling meal! All of the ingredients in […]

• News Flash: National Fur Collection For Animals

Posted on November 29, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

Have you ever owned fur but since had a change of heart? Don’t throw about your fur, give it back to animals in need. Buffalo Exchange, national second-hand store is working with The Humane Society to collect fur and give it back to animals. Since the program started in 2006, Buffalo Exchange has collected over 6,000 pieces of […]

• Organic Beans, Greens + Squash Soup

Posted on November 28, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

Hello everyone! Hope you have a great holiday weekend and ate lots of yummy vegan food over the weekend. If you are like me, you did. After eating a large feast this past weekend, I was looking to eat something healthy, filling and taste. I came up with a really simple semi-homemade soup that I […]

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on November 24, 2011 by in COMMUNITY

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year I am especially thankful, it’s my first Thanksgiving with VeganConsultant.com. The experience of launching my site has been one of the BEST experiences of my life so far. I am so thankful for everyone who is speaking out about veganism, taking the bold step to be “different” and living their […]